Austin had a very exciting day today. It started out by getting to watch TV with mom in the basement from 12-1:30am since someone wasn't sleepy. Then, since he was so well rested by 6am, he had a great time dumping toys everywhere, rubbing food in what little hair he has and screaming, "Baah" while pointing at everything. After a nap in the swing at the gym and lunch at home, he was ready to go exploring. And guess what he found - a bottle of Lysol Toilet Bowl cleaner. After a frantic call to Poison Control and 15 minutes in the shower he was ready to go again. He didn't enjoy the next part of his day as much. He went to the ENT. First was the hearing test where he had a great time pulling the testing equipment out of his ears repeatedly. Then he got to meet the doctor who readily agreed that tubes were needed and, wow, could put them in this Friday before we leave for vacation. Mom's still a little nervous about things, but if it helps him sleep better she's all for it! After dinner and swimming in the kiddie pool with Bryce, Austin should have gone to bed. But after 20 minutes of crying in his crib with no sign of stopping, Mom got him out and he played and played without a big brother pushing him down or taking his toys away. Then he showed off something he, apparently, learned all on his own - climbing the stairs, proficiently! Finally after 10:00 and a game of "Get Daddy" (once again without a big brother demanding the lion's share of Daddy's attention) Austin finally went to sleep... but I'm sure he'll be ready to go again tomorrow at 6am.
3 years ago
8 comments:
Oh my gosh! Reading your post made me totally exhausted! You poor, poor woman!
Wow, I grumble and groan when Abby gets up at 7:30, I couldn't handle 6 am! Poor little guy, hopefully the tubes will help alot :)
Holy Smokes, girl. Sometimes it is so hard to be a Mom. Hopefully he will sleep well after the tubes. And have a great time on vacation!
Wow! That's quite a day for such a little guy. It's funny though, because Owen also loves to stay up at night and thoroughly enjoys himself with no older sister bossing him around.
I hope all goes well with the tubes. Kaitlin used to keep me up when she was younger. On day we blessed her she kept us up until 4 am. I'm glad I didn't have to give the blessing because I didn't have anything nice to say that day. Thankfully she sleeps much better now.
Wow! Hopefully the tubes will help him sleep a little better! Aren't kids and their sleep hours crazy? Have fun on vacation!
WOW!! No more Red Bull for this little guy. I'm impressed with the fountain of energy he seems to have for you.
Best of luck with the tubes. Everybody I know that has kids with them- swears they are the greatest. I hope they go well for you too.
You are a mom superhero for sure! I am finally back in town -- are you?! Let's get together soon. Maybe I can steal your cute boys for an afternoon so you can rest! (and hallelujah on the tubes!)
Post a Comment