Our family just got home from
Kung Fu Panda. Kid Cuisine is one of the
ConAgra brands and they are one of the sponsors for the movie, so they had a special screening for
ConAgra employees. Here's the irony - Derek barely made it home in time to go to this company sponsored event, but his work schedule is topic for another post... It was such a cute movie. The Panda is adorable, funny and animated so well. My only concern was that since it was a
Kung Fu movie, there was a lot of hitting involved. We had a great time and recommend it!

On another note - we have had some wicked weather lately! Tornadoes to the left of us, hailstorms to the right,
here I am, stuck in the middle...! It seems like every night lately there is a severe weather alert going on. We had to take Horton down, since she doesn't like strong winds, and I have two peony bushes at the end of my driveway that were looking quite lovely until the HUGE storm raged through last night. Last year during one of our huge storms the 30 foot trees between our house and our neighbors was struck by
lightening and landed in our driveway. Then during the first
freeze of the winter, another tree split right in two from

the weight of the ice on it's branches. Derek and I wonder after storms if we're going to find another tree toppled. The two that have already fallen were our neighbors, so we're thankfully not responsible for getting them cleaned up.
This morning I went on a walk around Lake
Zorinsky with my friend Amy (I always have a friend named Amy in whatever city we live in) and it started to rain on us. Lake
Zorinsky is a nice enough lake but you can't boat on it - so what's the point? But there are walking trails around it and it's nice. But walking there today made me think of my beloved Town Lake in
Austin, and it made me miss Maren.
Maren and I would load up our boys and go walking every week around
Town Lake, which is really a river but everything has to be bigger in
Texas so they call it a lake. We did a 3 mile loop that was so beautiful and we always had so much fun. I really miss the lake and my dear friend! Maren and Dustin were our "perfect couple". All four of us got along so well and were so much alike. Does anyone else feel like at times you and your spouse are trying out other couples to be friends with and it's a bit like
courting them?
Well, anyway, it's been a fun day. Oh, and Bryce has decided to take his
bubblegum medicine. After two truly nasty shots in the legs he figured out that maybe the medicine wasn't quite so bad.
11 comments:
Ahhh... the Town Lake. Glory Watts and I trained on that lake for 4 months. I have yet to find something comparable.
Glad that you have been safe through the storms- we were worried about you Omahamans. (Is that right?)
Sheri...I'm a total dork. I was cleaning out my email box today and found your blog link again, I forgot to put it on my blog and thus forgot to keep checking yours! I'm putting a link for you on my blog right now! And I totally agee with the courting thing. Weird but so true!
I totally agree that you "court" other couples. It's a funny thing but both of you have to get along with both of them or it isn't as fun. We joke that we go on "first dates" with other couples to see how we all get along. :) I have been thinking about you a lot out there with all the storms. Hopefully the tornadoes will continue to miss you!!
I love the Jimmy Buffet song in this mix; nice touch! I know what you mean about courting couples. Dave and I often feel that way . . .we need to hang out more obviously. I just discovered the path by your house and think it is awesome. Me and the girls would come and do that loop with you anytime!
He really had to have shots and take an antibiotic??? Poor kid and poor mom.
Oh how I miss my Sheri! And then you go and write a little sappy post in which you remind me of why I should miss you even more! Dustin and I have talked about taking walks on Town Lake, but I don't know if I can do it without you. And we have yet to find another couple like you and Derek. Seriously, you're like our soul mates!
Love the blog!! We just got back last night from Boston and visiting Amy so I am a little behind. I've never had a bird build a nest in a hanging plant!
Sheri - we were in Red Bridge with you several years ago. I found your blog on Jess's blog roll. It's so cool to see your little kiddos. Looks like you guys are doing great!
So Ben always wants me to do the dating thing and he figures he will just be friends with who ever I chose to be friends with.
So, how about even more tornados last night!!! Hey, we are always up for a "date" with you guys. Glad the boys are feeling better. Enjoy your day.
Laurie Anderson
Hi cous! i want to take Breanna to Kung fu panda. I've heard it is cute! Apparently you thought so too.
Post a Comment