Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Great Outdoors

We went camping over Labor Day weekend with my brother's and their families and a few friends in central Iowa. When I was little I thought camping was so much fun, but I wasn't the one doing any work! Now it's just stressful. It didn't help that after I had completely loaded up our car and we were an hour down the road we discovered we had a nail in our tire. Can you believe a flat tire happened at such an inconvenient time!?! Once we got to the campsite and got set up it was a really fun time.

Bryce and his cousins Sam and Ben played their Gameboys around the fire. Kevin, Brinley and Bret look on.
Good morning, Sunshine!
Everyone slept really well in our huge new tent!
There was a tire swing up on a hill that was so fun. We got the kids going so high and fast. Bryce is above and Addy and Austin are below.
I've heard horror stories about camping with babies, but these two sweet peas did great.

4 comments:

jessica said...

This makes me want to go camping! I love the baby picture!

Ryanne said...

I totally agree with you about the work part; its always fun once you get there. The babies are so cute!

Nan said...

What fun family memories you are creating.

LeeAnn and David said...

Makes me remember some camping trips in South Dakota