My garden is in full production and with so many fresh veggies on hand I've whipped out some of my "summer only" recipes, and thought I'd share a few. Some of them call for milk or cheese - which Mr. Chase doesn't appreciate me having, so I leave it out and it's still good, but that doesn't mean you have to. Click to be linked to the recipe.
Summer Salad is great for using fresh herbs and that prolific zucchini. I love the pine nuts in it too.
Black bean tacos may not sound very appealing, but trust me on this - they're so good. The cabbage mixture on top is so flavorful and queso fresco can be found at Walmart back by the feta and blue cheese.
We had Roasted Tomato Soup tonight. I know what you're thinking - soup in 90 degrees, no thank you. But this is a really light flavorful soup that you can use your fresh tomatoes in. It goes really well with the black bean tacos.
And sometimes I really need something creamy, and since ice cream is off the list and I'd go broke buying the amazing coconut milk ice cream for $5.99 a PINT(gasp!) I've been making this frozen banana shake (with rice milk, which I like better than regular milk) and it's so quick and yummy.
And if you've got lots of green beans you really should try these Herbed Green Beans.
3 years ago
3 comments:
Yum Sheri. I am craving black bean tacos now; thanks a lot!! ;)
this post makes me really hungry. thanks a lot! =)
Thanks, just what I needed!
Post a Comment