Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Big 3

Austin is officially three.
This shocks me.
I remember my 3rd birthday.
How has my boy gotten so big?

He was very excited about his party. His friends Grace and Tatum came over. Tatum is HIS girl, and if another boy tries to hold her hand in nursery, he gets a little jealous. Here he is waiting for the party to start. I know I'm biased, but seriously - isn't he CUTE!
He got a Leapster for his birthday (which I got brand new for $18!), but we gave it to him before vacation to keep him busy on the airplane.
It ended up being a very Toy Story birthday. He can now be decked out in Toy Story clothes from head to foot. But his hearts desire for his birthday was a "polka dotted present". Umm... o-kay... which is where the piggy bank came in. He's thrilled! And his Great Grandma Betty even sent him a two dollar bill to start off his savings.
The goodie-bags were a hit. Austin picked out the candy - M&M's, tic tacs and gum - all his favorites. Tatum ate her tic tacs in one sitting, then broke out in a rash from the food dye.
I used to decorate cakes at Baskin Robbins. I made beautiful cakes. This was not one of them. It must have been really bad, because Austin took a bite of the candle instead. And swallowed it.

7 comments:

Sam and Bria said...

The candle is pretty funny. Haven't had that one yet.

Niki said...

Isn't scary when your kids reach ages that you know they will remember certain things...forever? Time does go by fast. Nice job for getting a Leapster for $18--that's amazing!

Maren and Dustin said...

I can't imagine that your cake looked (or tasted) bad! And yes, he is adorable!

Lindsay Anne said...

haha oh my! i cant believe he bit the candle!

Briann said...

Happy happy Birthday Austin! We love you and can't wait till we can play again, love Leah

Ryanne said...

He is so cute. And where did you get the Leapster for that price?! That's on my kiddos christmas list. And I miss you!

Sheri said...

I found the Leapster at Kohls - it was on clearance and I had a 30% off coupon. The games are more expensive than the system unless I order them online, then they're about $15 each.