I got my car back from the body shop yesterday. They washed it for me, isn't that nice of them. Except that it was 13 degrees here yesterday and do you know what happens to a wet car in 13 degree weather. That's right, it freezes. So we had a great time getting the doors open and then when I tried to drive away I thought the parking break must be on because the car was frozen to the ground. I'm sure that did great things for my tires. Then I had to get gas, and - you guessed it, my gas cap was frozen in place. Solid. I couldn't fill up. So here's the question I pose to you - just what would I have done if I'd run out of gas? But I didn't and after a warm night in our 26 degree garage I was able to fill up this morning.
And while I'm at it - we had a rental car for a week while the car was being fixed. It was a Kia Rondo, which is not a great car, but I liked that it had satellite radio. Anyway, when I dropped the car off the Enterprise guy went out to look it over and I told him I still needed to get the car seats out, then he came back in and when I left I asked, "it's unlocked, right?" yup, yup, it was unlocked. Now, the car was parked at the furthest geographical point away from the front door as possible in this parking lot so I take my kids out with me to get the car seats and was that door unlocked? No, it was not. So we had to go back to the building, in 13 degree weather, get him to unlock the car then go back out. Thank goodness that's all taken care of!
3 years ago
5 comments:
so what is up w you and locked doors lately?!
It sounds way too cold in Omaha!
Great customer service for ya!
Gee that guys was nice to let you trudge out to the farthest corner of the lot with two kids and then walk all the ways back. Don't you love to chill that never leaves here until June when it is disgustingly hot. Great weather.
Wow, you really do have bad luck with locks, don't you? I'm so glad Washington is slightly warmer and (in this part of the state) a whole lot drier!
Post a Comment