Today has been a weird day. Things kept taking me by surprise, so I'll just list some of the things that threw me off.
1. I taught a step aerobics class this morning. No, I am not trained or certified to teach step. It's the third time in about a month and a half my boss has asked me to do it (he is really desperate if he has to ask me but he knows I go to the class so I'm familiar with it), but this was the first time I've been given any advanced notice, the other two times were on the fly (very scary). The class went really well and I actually kind of like it - if only I could remember my routine better!
2. I vacuumed out my car. Forget that it was 24 degrees outside, I just couldn't take the crushed orange Austin cheese crackers all over the backseat anymore. I was hoping to find my drivers license under the seats somewhere, but I didn't. Which means Austin probably threw it away and I'll be going to the DMV Friday while Bryce is in preschool. What I did find out is that the latches that keep the middle seat locked down are jammed from the accident. So that lead to...
3. I had to call the body shop to tell them there are more problems than we thought. So I guess the $2200 estimate is probably low for what it will actually cost. Thank goodness for insurance, which is another call I got to make today, again. And of course, Austin was munching happily on Cheetos when I place the call and the second they pick up on the other end he starts yelling and I can't hear a thing.
4. I watched a video on someone getting Lasik. I'm getting it done next week and I'm very nervous about the whole thing. Can I get that Valium they've promised now??? And because I'm getting my eyes done next week I can't wear my contacts anymore, which is fine because I like my glasses, except that all day long I feel like I never finished getting ready in the morning, and I don't like working out in them.
5. Bryce has a new student in his preschool class. Monday he told me it was a boy named Kate, but then said it was a girl, then went back to a boy, but his/her name was always Kate. Today, without prompting, he said, "It's not Kate, it's Cade and he's a boy, but he has long hair." I just laughed and laughed at how confusing this whole situation is for our family.
6. I made this weird dinner of black bean tacos with lime coleslaw filling topped with Tabasco sauce - and it was delicious.
7. Austin has been insisted for the last three days that the door to the basement stay open, with the light on. If I shut it, he opens it up and has to lean as far over the top step as he can to reach the light switch to turn the light back on. One of these days he's going to fall. To try to prevent it, I've just been leaving that darn door open even though it's totally driving me crazy.
8. Derek had the 11 year old scouts come to our house tonight. While they were here one of the boys said he'd bought a i-touch with his own money. Where does an 11 year old get that much money? Answer - his dad paid him $150 to swallow a live goldfish. What!?! Hilarious, but I fear it's given Derek ideas for our own boys.
So that was my weird day.
3 years ago
8 comments:
Oh man, #5 made me laugh and laugh and laugh! Kate? Cade? Girl? Boy?
Some kid's dad paid him $150 to swallow a LIVE goldfish??? What on earth???
I echo the laughter on the Kate/Cade story. Ha ha!
That sounds like one retarded father! Even if my kid ate a live fish, I still wouldn't pay him that kind of money- hello! The kid would have probably done it for $20! Sorry about your car. And Dustin's getting ready for his eye surgery next week! Good luck
I think these 11 year old scouts are going to be a bad influence on your husband.
OOooooo!! How did your lasik go? I'd like to get it, but the thought of it makes me cringe--get me some Valium too!
I'm excited for your surgery! Lots of my siblings and both of my parents have had their eyes fixed and have loved it. I'm glad you like step. I miss it! I decided I am going to switch gyms this summer when our one here is up. I miss the classes. I would love to get certified to teach. Oh, I have lost 11 pounds since you were here! And what was the pilates DVD you recommened to me? E-mail me, thanks!
Hi Sheri - I love how you write like you talk, it's exactly how I remember you! Anyway, I was just thinking about you today and thought I'd check up on your blog! Hope you had a good Christmas!
Luv ya!
Sarah :)
Hey Sheri! It's been fun catching up on your sweet little family. Your blog about your anniversary and 3 pairs of shoes and frontier pies made me laugh! It's hard to believe that was almost 10 years ago!
and what's up with swallowing a LIVE fish! geese louise!
Post a Comment