Bryce locked us out of our house today. It's the second time in about three months I've been on the wrong side of locked doors at our house. Last time I called my friend Nicolee, who's husband is a locksmith and he came over to let me in. I was way to embarrassed to call him again, because Hello - who doesn't learn to have an extra key handy after you've already been locked out once. So what did I do - I dragged my kids over to my neighbors house, called Derek and vented, then sat down and cried. Perhaps not the most rational behavior, but it just tipped me over my emotional edge. It's been months since I cried. For those of you who knew me in high school and college you're probably wondering if you've got the right blog here, but I really am a much more stable person now and things like this just don't happen to me very often! I don't think Heidi knew whether to laugh at me or hug me, so she did both. Nothing like having a neighbor show up unexpectedly with her two boys, one with an appetite for eating markers, who sits on your couch and has an emotional melt down.
So how did I finally get back in? I remembered my Union Square days and broke out my credit card and slipped it in the door from the garage to the house to slip the lock. It worked. Gotta love cheap locks.
And yes, my neighbor now has a spare set of keys for me!
3 years ago
6 comments:
I knew our Union Square days would come in handy. I love it. Dont you love how something so minute can push us over the edge on what seemed like a normal/good day.
You can come over anytime you want/need; just don't expect my house to be spotless. It was actually a good break for me...Bryce kept Sarah occupied so I could get some things done while you were being your own locksmith. And who doesn't need a good cry sometimes. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings when I laughed...I was truly trying to laugh with you and make you smile.
That is too funny! I'm sorry but it is :) Hey maybe you can have Derek put in a good word with someone at ConAgra, so he can do his finance internship there? We don't have anything yet, but are crossing our fingers!
Aaahhh! That is my worst fear. At least your kids weren't locked inside and you outside.
Although, the reverse sounds nice- you locked inside and the kids locked outside.
What a good neighbor! Cry on my friend. Cry on. I love it!
Eric has locked me out of the house twice too. The second time he locked me out I had to call a locksmith. The kids cried and cried from inside the house while I waited for the locksmith. I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who didn't learn the extra key lesson the first time.
Little stinker -- I wonder where he gets that onry streak from ?? hmmmmm. . . ;)
Post a Comment