3 years ago
Monday, November 17, 2008
Twilight: The Movie
Several years ago my sister-in-law Rachel introduced me to the Twilight series and I was hooked. This was before all the sequels - so after I finished Twilight, and loved it, I had no where else to go. I finally figured out New Moon was available (and I fell in love with Jacob), then came Eclipse and finally Breaking Dawn (which I didn't love - it was my least favorite of the 4). What I'm trying to say is I didn't have the option of reading all 4 novels together, I had to wait, and this was good and bad. I really got to think about how I felt about the characters and what I thought was best for Bella, but I hated waiting. So anyway - now the movie is coming out and part of me is wanting to see it and the other part of me watches the previews and goes, "Oh no, they've ruined it." I know there's been all kinds of hoopla about the guy they choose to play Edward and while I think he's a perfectly nice looking boy, my Edward is much better looking. So I want to know from all of you Twilight fans out there - are you looking forward to the movie or are you worried it will ruin the books for you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Hey Sheri! I can't wait for the movie! I always consider movies separately from the books, so like you, 'my' Edward is much better looking, and not so scary looking! But I'm going to just enjoy the movie for itself and not let it affect in one way or the other the great time I had reading the books!
I'm going this Friday! I'm excited to see it. I agree with you that my Edward is better looking and not so brooding as the guy in the movie. I hope I can separate the books from the movie because generally I'm disappointed. But I'm excited to try again - especially with this series that I loved.
I'm guessing the movie definitely won't live up to the expectation of the books, but I'm just hoping it will be fun and entertaining. I'm both nervous and excited :)
I have yet to get into Twilight. And believe me. Living in Utah and having no idea what the book is about besides Vampiric Teenage Lovers, I am a TOTAL loser. Does this surprise you? I really should try to keep up with my Utah Mormon trends.
Anyways- I am debating on reading the book asap because all of the Mom's in my neighborhood have RENTED OUT A THEATRE on opening night- at 12:01 a.m. Do I see the movie first and be impressed by the book? Or read the book really fast and be disappointed with the movie? Either way, I think you should go to the movie- why not? It's a date without children...
I may get beat up for saying this...but I really didn't like these books. The more I read the more I disliked Bella, she's pretty much pathetic. I had a hard time getting through the last book. But they were entertaining and I will probably see the movie. I do love Jacob!! He's my favorite. The section in book 4 that was written through his perspective was my favorite part of the entire series!
Oh I'm sure I don't even need to comment here. You probably already know what I think on the subject. I am definately seeing the movie. I have already even bought my tickets. I am really looking forward to it, but I am definately going into with the mindset that it will not even come close to as good as the book was. Lets face it, the movies never are. How can they even compete with our own wonderful imaginations?
I can't wait to see it. My Edward is much cuter,too, but I think they made him look like a good vampire. Can't wait to see ya tomorrow. Cheesecake is calling my name.
I can't wait for the movie! I just HOPE it doesn't ruin it :)
Well we already know they have changed it, which is so frustrating! And the casting is all wrong. But of course, I don't think they could have found anyone that would have fit perfectly. I have not yet decided if I will see the movie. I struggle a lot with the Harry Potter movies because of all the changes. If I do see it I will just have to try to forget about the book and get in a mindset of being able to enjoy it for itself. But right now I am undecided. We'll see. Ryan has been listening to them too. Maybe if we decided we wanted to see it we could see it together while you are here. And by the way, there is BYU/ Utah game this Saturday afternoon. But it is on The Mountain. Do Derek's parents have that?
I'm going on Friday...but with not much expectation. I haven't liked the previews, and I agree...Edward is totally hotter in my mind, but I still really want to see it. I'm hoping it's been long enough since I read the first book that I won't remember enough details so I won't be tempted to pick the movie apart too much. So, are you going or not?
Several of you have asked, and Yes, I am planning on seeing the movie - but I'm really hoping it's not bad! How cute is this - my 12 year old neighbor called to see if I'd go to it with her, and I want to so badly!
Megan, I can't believe you dont like twilight. I love twilight. i listened to the 2nd book on my way up to Utah once in my car and pulled up to my hotel after a long day of driving by myself, and stayed in the car in the parking lot for an hour and a half more so I could finish it. haha. By the end I was crying! Pathetic!
I am seeing the movie saturday. Already bought my ticket. I don't think it will ruin it for me. As long as I dont think about it too much.
I'm going to wait and here what all of your reviews are on the movie before I decide to go. Although I am intrigued and enjoy any movie for entertainment and a night away from the kids.
I love the books, but have decided not to see the movie. My friend saw it and said it ruined her images of the characters and is now rereading the books to get her characters back. I think I'll keep my version of things, but maybe will rent it eventually.
Post a Comment