Derek undertook a big landscaping project this weekend, and it was a lot of backbreaking work (for him, I chased kids). Here's the before:


The first picture was taken when we bought the house. To get ready for this project we chopped down the 20 foot crab apple tree that was 3 feet from our house, hauled out the river rock and then tried to get up the courage to start digging!

So far it looks pretty good - we still need some more dirt, the cap stones and mulch, but the hard part is done. Next week - he's doing another one where the tree used to be!
5 comments:
Lookin good guys! I think it's sooo hard to be motivated to do yard work! Props to you guys!!!
So fun to see pics of your lovely home! That does look like a ton of work - good job!
I'm very impressed. We still haven't done a thing to our ugly yard. I'm hoping next spring we can get some major yard work done.
It looks great. We are going to do exactly the same thing in our yard, but we aren't sure how to get started on it. Hey, if you guys are coming here for Christmas...Then Derek could do it for us?! Hey, our ward is being transferred to the Grapevine building in a couple of weeks. Is that the building your in-laws use? Your trip to Maine looked like a lot of fun! and your Batman boys are awesome!
I hate yard work! That's what children are for! Looks great!
Post a Comment