And unfortunately it's cold inside too. We had our fall
furnace maintenance on Friday and they discovered our heat exchanger is cracked, which is apparently the life of the
furnace, and the whole thing has to be replaced. Unfortunately, we discovered this at 6:00 on a Friday night and because carbon monoxide can leak through the crack and into our home the unit can't be turned on again until it's replaced. The good news is, we're getting a new heater and it's all covered by our Homeowners Warranty (which we extended exactly for this reason). The bad news is- WE HAVE NO HEAT until a new furnace is installed after the weekend. We met with the "comfort coordinator" today and picked out our new
furnace and it should be installed hopefully by Wednesday. Until then this is what the temperature looks like here:

Our bedroom last night was down to 58 and as you can see, we didn't make it out of the lower 30's outside today. We're able to keep fairly comfortable inside with the use of these:


And our awesome neighbors loaned us a radiant heater also. So wherever we go, we just take a space heater with us and plug it in. So it's a huge inconvenience and I wished they'd come out two weeks ago (when I'd
originally scheduled it before Service One rescheduled) - we are happy we don't have to pay for it and now we don't have to worry about it anymore. And I'm also enjoying our fireplace and snuggling with my honey on a cold winter's day!!!
6 comments:
Ouch, I am cold just thinking about it. You guys can come stay with us.
Sheri, I would suggest getting a carbon mono detector, put it in the room with the furnace and turn the heat back on. We had to live for a few months in our old house before we could get a new furnace and that's what we did.
Brrrr, so glad it's not cold here. But hey, it gives you the excuse to wear comfy sweats around all day! I'm sending my warmest thoughts to you tonight!
OUCH!! Hot chocolate (and lots of it) for you. Hang in there- Wednesday is almost here. If it makes you feel better, I have black widows in my basement. And isn't camping fun in your house?
I can't believe how long it's been since I read your blog!! I loved your account of your trip to Maine. We went to Maine while visiting Amy in Boston the end of Dec. I want to move there and sit on a big rock and watch the waves crash!
What great Halloween costumes!! You all look awesome.
And about the floors--someday the kids will be gone and you can wonder what it was you used to do with your time--until someone moves back with their children and then it all comes back--but so fun!! Age brings a whole new perspective so hang in there.
I went to Boston in October--not December. Age also brings Alheimers!
Post a Comment