It seems like everyday my ability to function decreases. A month ago, I would have said I was functioning at 40% capacity, now it's more like 20% and steadily falling. As this happens, the definition of necessity keeps changing. So in the spirit of Joy Behr/Sat. Night Live I give you, "So What? Who Cares!"
1. It is a full 2 months past Christmas but my outdoor lights and garland are still up (so are all my neighbor's). So what, who cares!
2. Dirty toilets work just as well as clean ones.
3. I haven't mopped my kitchen floor in two weeks. So what, who cares!
4. Clean clothes out of the laundry basket are just as wearable as clean clothes in the dresser or closet. And sometimes dirty clothes just need a toss in the dryer with a fabric sheet...
5. My brother thinks I'm crabby.
6. I've grown out of a good portion of my maternity clothes. So what, who cares!
7. First I stopped making eye contact at the gym, now I've stopped going all together.
8. I am irrational when it comes to how much longer I am trapped in this pregnant body. I cried 7 times on Saturday for reasons including, but not limited to: my friend's baby girl wearing a cute dress, Austin singing Child of God all by himself, self loathing after freaking out on my husband, self loathing due to water retention, and self loathing for being so emotional. So what, who cares!
9. I've skipped church more in the last 2 months than in the last 2 years, mostly because I don't have any shoes to wear... and if I wear my boots Derek says I look like a pregnant sherpa.
10. I'm either a better mother because I'm too tired to do anything else but sit and watch my kids play, or a worse mother because I'm too tired to to anything else but sit and watch my kids play.
So What? Who Cares!
3 years ago
9 comments:
OH dear! Someone needs to just have a baby already. (Wish I could come and take care of you- since it is pretty clear you can barely do so yourself!) :)
Hopefully I am not the bearer of bad news, but don't expect it to change. (: The water retention will turn into milk retention, the tiredness will be there because you will be up all night, the list goes on. HOWEVER, every body will be googly eyes over your new little one, suddenly they won't notice anything because all they will see is a new baby. And that is why nobody will care. By the way, did you know that Oreos don't have milk in them?
I think you're a pretty cool niece, or should I say, nephew's wife and I care about that. Luv ya! Thanks for the laugh with this post. Anyone whose ever been pregnant can relate.
Thanks for the laugh. I'm glad to know that someone else out there is as miserable as me. I'm actually jealous because you ever went to the gym and will be done with pregnancy long before I am. so, why not enjoy sitting and watching your kids play. They only stay little for a short time and like you said, the house work will wait. Luv ya!
Ah Sheri. I understand and know how you feel, but me saying that doesn't change anything for you. Good luck girly. May the force be with you!
I completely understand about crying after freaking out at your husband. I seem to be doing that a lot lately. Poor Brian- I'm only 26 weeks.
I can't wait to see pictures of this new baby when he comes!
Ahh I totally feel for you! I wish I was closer so I could take your kids for a little bit and go get a pedicure with you :) We love ya! Any job openings at Conagra???
I love this post. It's absolutely perfect!
Oh Sheri. I quit caring about those things a long time ago. Although I have yet to be a Pregnant Sherpa. I may be comparable to a contestant on the Biggest Loser (copmlete with "athletic-looking slides") when I'm pregnant, but that's because I can't zip up my boots when I'm pregnant.
Trust me- pregnant sherpa is much better than Biggest Loser Contestant.
Post a Comment