Our family played hookie on Sunday (is that how you spell hookie?) by skipping church and spending the day at home. We never do this, but Saturday night I didn't sleep well (because I woke up at 2:30 to go to the bathroom, the laid back down and started thinking about stuff, and then something I was thinking about got me upset, then I really couldn't sleep, so I went down on the couch and watched Ellen and a dog show because canines are SO interesting at 4am and finally fell back asleep at 5 all because I'm a CRAZY pregnant woman, then the kids were up at 7 and it was snowing outside, again, and we weren't in the mood to shovel the driveway because we've all got colds...) so Derek was going to take the boys to church and let me stay home, but then I convinced him to just stay home with me. It was such a nice day together!
The boys LOVED playing snow football with their dad.
Even Austin warmed up to the idea of playing in the snow.
We built a "snow bunny" because my quirky kids couldn't possibly just build a snowman (where do they get that???).
And we watched the Superbowl, got the baby's room ready, organized our other upstairs bedrooms, and I found out my 6 year old makes better cookies than I do. It was a great day!
6 comments:
Do you really have a baby in there? You are only a couple of weeks away, you must stick out a bit by now, but it sure doesn't look like it. I hope that your baby has a good tummy for you! Will you eat a piece of toast for me with real butter while you still can?? Thanks. But really you look great.
Skipping church to build a snowbunny? You guys are the bestest!
I'm in the primary presidency- I dream of staying home and playing hookie once in a while.
I thought you said you were pregnant.? It doesn't show.
The only thing better than playing hookey from church was sitting on a warm sandy beach all afternoon listening to the waves lap onto the shore and watching some crazy guy, who must have been from Louisiana, walking along the beach playing his guitar and singing "When the Saints Go Marching In. . . . Sorry, couldn't resist. It won't be long and you will be liberated. Love you!
Love the snow bunny! I also love the picture of you kissing Austin - so cute!
Post a Comment