Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bryce turns 5

Bryce turned 5 today. I can't believe it. How did this happen? Five is so big! To celebrate we had his cousins over. Their parents are in Spain right now, so Grandma Buell is watching them and she came to. It was fitting to have her here since she was there 5 years ago. (note: Grandma Buell is a very close friend but is not actually related, but it's just a minor technicality. She is a trained L&D nurse who has been at both of my children's births) Bryce's grand arrival happened the day before his due date and everything was very routine, except for the size of my baby. 9 pounds 14 ounces, and no - I did not have a c-section, and that boy's head was PERFECTLY round. Everyone in the room was guessing how much they thought he weighed and when the nurse announced it, Grma Buell summed it up nicely with an, "Oh, good grief". If you've never seen a 10 pound newborn, it's something else. A ten pound baby is just huge and fat and pink and so stinkin' cute you can't even imagine. We had no idea that day how much our lives were about to change and now we couldn't imagine life without him!

Bryce was so happy that today was his long awaited for birthday. He absolutely loved getting sung to in Primary and couldn't wait for his party. We had pizza for dinner, which I am so happy to say he actually ate.We also had a race track cake:He and his cousins are such good friends, Sam cried when they had to leave. It was a fun day for him! Happy Birthday Bryce!!!
And for good measure since I haven't posted many pictures lately- Austin wore a new outfit to church today that I thought he looked just darling in:

10 comments:

Laurie said...

Good grief, I've only been out of primary for 3 weeks...how come he looks so much older! Age 5 suits him well. Happy Birthday Bryce!

Sam and Bria said...

I can't belive your son is five years old. Time is flying past. The cake is really cute. :)

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Bryce! I was a 10 pounder, too. Yay for big babies.

Niki said...

I think the fifth Birthday is a hard one for moms. Especially the first. They aren't little anymore. They are half way to 10. Live what they have only 3 more times, and they will be on their missions. I don't have a hard time with my kids getting any older or anything. I can't believe 5 years has gone by. Happy Birthday Bryce!

Jessica said...

Happy B-day "Rice"--you are SO big & handsome! Love the cake!

Julia Buell said...

Happy birthday Bryce! We are jealous you get to spend some time with Grandma Buell.

jessica said...

5 is old! (when it's your kid). We must get our cake ideas from the same place, because I made one like that for Owen. I must admit that your skills slightly out do mine! What a fun b-day!

Dallin and Megan Dyer said...

Happy Birthday Bryce! I wish we lived closer so we could go to stuff like this!

Maren and Dustin said...

It is hard to believe he's so big! Looks like he had an awesome birthday. And man, Austin is such a cutie! You're going to have your hands full with the ladies come a few more years (but it could be worse, your kids could be ugly.)

Briann said...

Happy Bday Bryce! He is getting so big, such a gorgeous little man!