Friday, April 27, 2012

Repairs

With all these little boys living in our house it seem like something is always breaking.  Holes have been put in the wall at the bottom of each stairway.  The basement bedroom door has two holes in it, our carpet is tearing up at a seam from repeatedly being raced over with dump trucks (see here), the corners of my walls are all getting chipped out.  The list could go on and on.  Our house is 25 years old and needs some TLC in places.

When we moved in we put new vertical blinds on our sliding glass door and debated over getting good custom ones, or cheap ones.  I am so glad we went with the cheap ones because we (and by we, I in no way include myself) have broken 9 of the blinds.  It looked awful. 
 So we went back to Menards and bought the exact same blinds to fill in the holes. 
 Of course, of the nine they've broken, the one with the blue crayon scribbled all over it just had to survive.  Oh well, it's days are numbered around here.
 We also had "The Grout Medic" come out to fix some problems in our bathrooms.
The boys tub had tiles that were bowing out from the wall: (it's hard to see, but it's just up and behind the faucet)
 so they repaired that, fixed some bad grout and broken tiles and recaulked.
 Our bathroom shower was another disaster. 
Don't judge.
 It looks so much better now.  The only problem is that the new stuff looks so good I want to redo the whole bathroom!

1 comment:

Niki said...

I only have 2 boys and I feel your pain. This year Grant took apart the whole toilet and fixed it (and it got so clean during the process). It was the same time that they were building the garage outside, so there was a port-a-potty out there. I was so tempted to make the boys go outside and use it, so at least their bathroom would be clean for a few more months. My one parenting regret is that I didn't teach my boys to sit while going potty!