Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Craft

Derek's first reaction to this was, "I hope that N doesn't stand for Nebraska..." Then it occurred to him our last name also begins with an N.
I did this super easy project at a Mom's group I've been going to at the Southern Baptist Church across the street from my neighborhood. Paint your letter, hot glue a ribbon onto the back then glue jelly beans* with Tacky Glue onto the front. Put something on it to weigh it down a little while it dries to get the beans to stick.
The only problem was when I hung it up inside, it attracted ants. So I put it outside where the humidity ruined jelly beans. Next time I'll use *little pom poms.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Ha ha--you're funny (and Derek too--that made me laugh)! Crafts are so much fun---and for me they are only possible because of Pintrest. Thanks for teaching us all what works and what doesn't :)

Maren and Dustin said...

I have a friend who did something similar with candy corns for a Halloween wreath. She modge-podeged it to preserve the candy, but she got a little too much on, and it ate into the sugar, crystalizing it. She still uses it, and it's adorable.

BTW, your family picture on this blog is wildly outdated. You should do something about that. :)