Saturday, June 12, 2010

Guitar Lessons

Derek had been talking about taking guitar lessons for quite awhile - actually, since he'd gotten his guitar two years ago, so for Christmas I called around and set up lessons for him. He calls it the gift that keeps on taking because he pays monthly, but I say it's the Gift of Time - time to practice, time for the lessons, and time to do something for himself.

I tease him that now he can play Cum-ba-ya around the camp fire for the boys (for all the camping we don't do). After we'd watch American Idol he'd look up on the computer how to play whatever song Lee/Crystal/Casey had sung that night -with "Hallelujah" and "The Boxer" being two of his current favorites.

1 comment:

Maren and Dustin said...

So jealous. Wish I could play the guitar, but alas, I could never keep my nails short enough to do it!