There is really nothing I like about pregnancy, except the outcome and then I really enjoy NOT being pregnant anymore. Obviously, being pregnant has LOTS of physical implications - big ol' belly, swollen limbs, heartburn, sciatica, fatigue etc. As I head into that final stretch, though, I really think I might be going crazy.
Would you like an example? Of course you would. Last week at the gym I was on the treadmill and one of the TV's had a report on the people in Haiti. They were showing all these little kids who'd been injured and were wrapped in bandages and were bleeding, and it made me so sad. So imagine you're on the treadmill, and you see this obviously pregnant woman BAWLING her eyes out. So embarrassing! I couldn't get a hold of myself. It was awful. Forget using the towel to wipe sweat (let's face it, at my pace there is no sweat) I was using it to wipe tears. I am usually fairly even keeled with my emotions, so to be so overwhelmed with emotion is a little disorienting for me.
I wish I could say this was an isolated incident - it's not. Usually something sets me off in the privacy of my home, and the other day Bryce came upon me in tears and asked, "What's that water stuff on your face?"
I also feel as though I'm living in an ever increasing fog. I had Wheel of Fortune on the other day and, I'm usually pretty good at word puzzles, but I swear, it wasn't even in ENGLISH that day! And then, my poor boys must be so bored with me because we usually do things with friends during the day and after school, but right now - forget it. I'll think to myself, "I should call so-and-so to see about getting together" but then I think about actually going through the motions of making plans, getting a group of children together and being social with my friends and the mere idea makes me tired. Oh - I hate this part of pregnancy! Derek made a comment about after we have the baby we'll see how I feel, and I told him, "I know how I'm going to feel - Liberated!" Looking forward to that day...
3 years ago
8 comments:
Sheri! It's like you wrote this post about ME! :) Except I usually really enjoy being pregnant. At this moment though, no so much. And I totally agree with the INSANE emotions! I am usually really evenly-keeled. But this pregnancy has made me down right crazy in the hormone department. Hopefully in a day or two I will get to celebrate having my baby and NOT being pregnant anymore. Hang in there! :)
**KT
Yeah, I remember reading the Ensign while waiting for a doctors appt. and crying in the waiting room. I felt like a total dork, but yet, went right on crying! I know you will be so relieved when you get that baby out- maybe your fogginess will make the time go by fast! :) Miss You!
My biggest complaint about being pregnant is feeling like I can't breath. I really wish I was taller because I think this baby is in the way of my lungs. You are getting so close to the end! I'm jealous- June feels very, very far away.
I hear your quilt is almost finished :-D
Ha! That is so funny. I have been crazy with this baby too, but more butterfingers. I've already broken 3 dishes and a bottle of jam, and that's just in the last month. I hear you though and I'm right behind you!! Can't wait!
Good luck Sheri! When I had Parker in the recovery room I kept saying, 'I'm so glad I'm not pregnant anymore'. I couldn't stop repeating myself. You cried on the treadmill? You must be bad. Hey, I was reading Amie's blog, send me that Christmas Card!!!
I have been there but the sad thing is that after having Carli it hasn't stopped. I don't know what this girl did to me but now i have the skin of a teenager and I still cry at the simplest thing. lol
You are soooo at the worst part!!! I just stopped having my emotional bouts and I think John is happy to have a semi-sane wife back. Hope the time passes quickly for you!
Post a Comment