Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Grocery shopping

We were out of food and I had to take the boys grocery shopping with me. This wasn't a milk and bread run, this was a buy everything in the store run and I was dreading taking both of them. We normally head to Wal-mart so I can price match but when I told Bryce that was where we were going he said, "Oh, I want to go to Baker's" and the more I thought about it, the more I decided that didn't sound so bad.



At Baker's (Kroger) there are car carts, free cookies from the bakery, good produce and a meat department I'm not scared to buy meat from, shorter check out lines and a someone to load my groceries into the car while I load my kids. Sure, I probably spent a few extra dollars, but some days isn't personal sanity worth it??

6 comments:

Dallin and Megan Dyer said...

mmmmm.....those cookies look good. Are they free for adults too?

Amber said...

I would agree that sanity is worth a few extra dollars. I might have to try going there just for those carts. I left half-way through my Wal-Mart trip yesterday because Makenna wanted to run around and wouldn't stay in the cart. I carried her kicking and screaming to the check out, and then I cried all the way home.

Thayerclan said...

totally agree!

Maren and Dustin said...

Yes!!!!

Briann said...

That'a awesome! I dread taking Leah somedays but she is usually pretty good. Can't wait to see you guys for Lindsays wedding!

Lora said...

I am the same way. Going to Wal-mart is a dreaded trip for me and the girls, while going to HyVee is actually relaxing. All the employees say "hello", offer my girls fruit samples and cookies, and take my groceries out for me. It's almost fun for me.