It seems like we do a lot of singing at our house. If you were to walk in on any given day, chances are you'd here a tune coming out of one of us. Keep in mind, this doesn't mean it's good singing, just singing. One thing I've noticed more and more is that we have theme songs, borrowed from pop culture, to represent what we're doing. Derek has the most songs by far, but here are a few you'd be likely to hear coming from us:
If we're chasing the kids, ya know, playing "gonna get you" - we sing the theme song from this:
If we're chasing the kids, ya know, playing "gonna get you" - we sing the theme song from this:
Going on an adventure:

Something spooky or unexplained going on, you'd hear these famous five tones:

My brother recently pointed out that this song should be my theme for why I love working at the YMCA: (because sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your name)

Bryce even joins in. Instead of ready set go, we'll usually hear the beeping from the start of a race from this game:
I also found out that at Bryce's gym and swim class at the YMCA they do song time every week and he is always the one who leads "Going on a Bear Hunt" with all the other little kids, and they all wait to follow him. Two of the instructors have commented to me on what a good job he does - and I had no idea he even did it!Lately even Austin is getting in on the deal by making airplane or "choo-choo" noises when eating his food.
So, I want to know - do you have theme songs for your life???
9 comments:
I bet a lot of moms sing "When my mother calls me, quickly I'll obey..." At least I do!
I often sing the song from Annie, but I change the words from 'little girls' to 'little boys, little boys everywhere I go there's little, (insert hicup) little boys'. I usually mean there are toys from the little boys and I find them everywhere!
We sing Annie too - but we do "It's a hard knocks life FOR YOU", and when there's fighting I'm known to bust out "we are a happy family". I could go on and on...
That sounds like the Neeleys. Close encounters is a classic. I think that comes from my mom.
I seriously bust out in song all the time. And I can't stop after just a few words. My kids just roll their eyes and ignore me.
:) **KT
How about "Thank heaven for little girls" - seems like that's the lesson Rob and I are supposed to be learning! No, seriously, we love music, too. It's not always the same, but our girls love to bust a move to pretty much anything! And I have definately used the "quickly I'll obey" although at the times I think are most opportune is when they tell me to quit singing....
You know, I have a whole bunch of circus music going on in my head. You know, like the clown and the acrobat are on the stage- "do do do dadoodle-doot-doot..."
If you follow me?
bao bao chika bao wow oh but I think you know that one already.
Post a Comment