I am a good cook.
I do not bake.
I do not make beautiful plates of goodies.
I do not have perfect presentation of my meals.
I do not eat small portions.
I do not use wheat from my food storage (that would require that I have some).
I like white bread, white pasta, white sugar and all other foods that are white (ice cream especially.)
I applaud all of you who do all those things listed above that I am not talented enough to do.
But I do have one thing that I make that is relatively healthy that I think is pretty awesome. It's enjoyed by all of us, but especially by Bryce. It's organic, has very few preservatives, lots of anti-oxidants and is super-duper yummy.
What is it?
This!
Homemade Raspberry Freezer Jam, or as it's called at our house, "Nana's yummy jelly." My entire life my mother has had a raspberry patch
which has spoiled all of her children, and now grandchildren, into wanting only her jam. Bryce has at least 1, but no more than 3, PB&J sandwiches a day with Nana's yummy jelly on it. This summer I brought back from my mom's house a huge box full of freshly made jam. We just ran out and I had to use some of my frozen berries to made another batch. Here's what you do.
First you take your berries and you mash them (you mash them, you mash them, mash them mash them), then add sugar and let them sit for 10 mintues:
While the berries are resting, heat up your pectin:
Pour the pectin into your berry mixture and stir for 3 minutes, then pour immediately into your jars:
The the jars sit out for 24 hours, then freeze and enjoy. Yummy!
I'd like to say if you come over you can try some. But I don't think I want to share - it's just too goooood!
6 comments:
Looks delicous! sp? Anyway, I would like some. Does it rot in the mail?
Yummy!! I've made lots of strawberry freezer jam but I haven't made raspberry. You've inspired me! Next time I make jam it will be raspberry.
Looks so pretty in those jars! I like raspberry jam best with no seeds, but it is pretty with them! I want to make jam. Maybe when berries are a little cheaper around here?!?!
I so want to make raspberry freezer jam this year! Looks so good!
Oh, I miss good freezer jam. And that is serious talent (among MANY others that you posses!)
MMM, Sheri! That looks so yummy! I wish I had it!
**KT
Post a Comment