We've had a couple "Moments" around here lately.
1. Bryce did this - the first time - ALL BY HIMSELF!

2. Today Bryce gave me a moment. It's nothing I had expected and it may never happen again, so I figured I'd better document it.
We were all in the car together talking about what our weekend plans are. I told Bryce that Derek and I are changing jobs tomorrow and he's going to stay home all day while I go to work (for all day training). We kept talking and a several minutes later Bryce said,
"I don't want you to change."
We weren't sure what he was referring to because the conversation had moved on but he'd obviously still been thinking about it, so we said, "What do you mean?"
He said, "I don't want you to go to work and Daddy to stay home."
We asked, "Why?"
And he very matter of factly said, "Because I like that you stay home with me and that Daddy goes to work."
Now, for some maybe this wouldn't be such a big deal. But for me, who's struggled since Day One with the whole, "stay at home mom" gig - I was speechless (and we all know how seldom that happens). I didn't expect appreciation for being at home from my 5 year old, maybe when he was 25 and looking back through rose colored glasses, but not now. It was so sincere. It may have been one of the nicest things that's ever happened in my Mommy-life. Thanks, Bryce!
10 comments:
What a sweetie. And congratulations on him riding his bike. What a huge accomplishment.
Wow! That is such a sweet thing coming from a 5-year-old! Happy Early Mother's Day!
So sweet! You gotta cherish moments like that.
What a thoughtful little guy. We're working on the whole bike thing here too, although we're not having as much luck!
So, so sweet!
Glad you documented that (and you shared- it really was cute!) You definitely deserve a nugget like that!
The other day when we were picking up Ben from work (my car was in the shop) Scott asked why I didn't work. I told him that I stay home and take care of him. I asked him who would take care of him if I went to work. He said Dad would stay home. So, we are the opposite over here. Hopefully I won't disappoint him too much.
He loves you! He really loves you!! If anybody deserves a huge thank you like that, it would be Sheri.
And way to go with the bike little man!
What a sweet thing to say--and he really contemplated it too! We had a great time in Austin & Chuy's was good--Ben got a cool t-shirt. If all goes well, we'll be there next month!
Thats so adorable. Bryce is a cutie.
Post a Comment