My friend
Maren commented on my last post about how Bryce has a thing for my hair, and it got me thinking about some of his very funny little habits, and I thought I'd share. The first thing he wants every morning when he wakes up is a "Bubba", which is warmed up milk in a sippy cup (without a stopper). I don't mean sort of luke warm, I mean practically steaming. He gets 3 bubba's a day, and we have to limit them or that's all he'd have. For bubba #1 he gets a special treat - he can play with my hair while he drinks it. It's weird, I know, but oh well. Here is one of his bubba cups.

Now, before you think I'm a terrible parent who's too cheap to buy my son a new cup - let me tell you, I did get a new one for him and he refused to drink from it. Apparently he likes the big hole so he can slurp it down quicker.
Another funny thing about Bryce are his imaginary friends, James and Beanna. Here's a picture of him with them.

James is a train from the Thomas set. He's 6, his birthday is June 26 and he does very naughty things and he's super fast and they have a great time together. Beanna is 4, her birthday is Sept. 4 and she gets sick a lot, and needs help doing a lot of things. We're always waiting for her to go through doors and to catch up with us. She's smaller than Bryce and James, and I have no idea where she came from. The three of them play pretty much every day. They don't live with us though - they go home and have moms and dads of their own.
Here are Oscar and Megan. They are bath toys that Bryce can't bathe with out. They've been with us since we moved here to Omaha.

This is Bryce's Hot Wheels toy. He got this when he was 2 and at the time we only had these few cars. We now have probably 40 hot wheels cars, but he thinks these are the ones that go with this toy, so we don't change them out or switch their positions. He's very meticulous about his toys and takes great care of them. We lost a cherry to Hi Ho Cherry-O and he wanted to throw the entire game out. He's a funny one.

And, for good measure, he's very creative. There's a Curious George episode where George builds a monkey web, so in honor of it, Bryce built a Bryce web.
12 comments:
What funny little quirks! Love this age!
Imaginary friends can be very entertaining. Trev has one named Michael who pops up now and then. Grant's sister got married to a Michael this last year and Trevor was immediately attached to him--which is not like him. It's very funny what kids come up with to entertain themselves.
Oh, he is so cute with all of his little quirks. I have always kind of wished for imaginary friends in our house. It would make things interesting and then the girls would have someone else to play with. I love that he made a web in his room. He is a cool little guy.
This is my favorite post EVER. I love to learn these cute things about Bryce. I especially love Oscar and Meagan...talk about imagination. And, who doesn't love the occasional make believe friends? Are you glad that James and Beanna have homes to go to at night? Love it, Love it, Love it.
So cute! My oldest had an imaginary friend named Wren. Wren was with us for years, but then he died, and truthfully, I was really sad. I kept encouraging her to resurrect Wren, but she resisted. Darn. There is something so awesome about imaginary friends!
**KT
Funny Boy Bryce. That is the best way to say it! Love it.
Kids make me laugh. I like how you pained his bedroom. I would like a picture tour of the rest of your house.
Me and Bryce have a lot in common. We are both a little OCD. I also think it's odd that James and I have the same birthday and I share a name with his shampoo bottle. I hope my kids are as corky as Bryce. I love it!
Oh, I feel so honored to have inspired a post! Bryce is quite the character... I think it's in his blood. (He, he, he.) Can't wait to see what Austin will come up with!
Maren
I love his little quirks. And I think that it is a special treat for you too that he plays with your hair while he drinks his first bubba. I love it when my daughter wants to play (nicely) with my hair.
He is really growing up. Tell him to stop. Now.
I'm back for another comment. I tagged you. I've never done this before, but I guess you go to my blog to follow the instructions. I think it will be fun to see what picture you have.
What a funny little man!
Post a Comment