Lately this has been a familiar sight around our house:
Austin is more attached to his pacifier now than he ever has been before. I am not a pacifier fan. I would have liked if he'd never taken it, but he was one of those babies that NEEDED it. Well, since I weaned him and went on my trip his paci has become attached to him. He always wants to have it nearby. I was trying to reduce it to sleeping only, but he's started stashing them places, so I'll take one away, and he'll show up with another one. He's even got a sign for it and now will sign "Where's paci?" by putting his palm up (like we'd do for "where is it?", or "I don't know") and then he acts like he's putting it in his mouth. It's really quite funny and cute, if I didn't dislike the nasty little thing so much. Any tips on how to get him off this would be appreciated!!!
On a side note - my friend Trinity took the above picture of Austin and there are some more great ones of both my boys. Here's are a few more. She did a great job - Thanks Trin!!!
Austin is more attached to his pacifier now than he ever has been before. I am not a pacifier fan. I would have liked if he'd never taken it, but he was one of those babies that NEEDED it. Well, since I weaned him and went on my trip his paci has become attached to him. He always wants to have it nearby. I was trying to reduce it to sleeping only, but he's started stashing them places, so I'll take one away, and he'll show up with another one. He's even got a sign for it and now will sign "Where's paci?" by putting his palm up (like we'd do for "where is it?", or "I don't know") and then he acts like he's putting it in his mouth. It's really quite funny and cute, if I didn't dislike the nasty little thing so much. Any tips on how to get him off this would be appreciated!!!
10 comments:
Hey Sheri, I am totally with you on pacifiers. I hate them, and try to get rid of them as soon as I can. So, it kind of unconventional, but we just throw them away one day. The baby is sad for a day, but then gets over it. We are about to do it with my babies pacifier, now. It's hard for a day, but in the long run its good. The sooner, the better too. Then they can't complain as much! :) Good luck! I know it's hard.
**KT
Yes, I had 2 out of 3 babies that were "bobo" babies. I waited far to long to take them away so I'm not the best one to ask for advice. But, I can tell you that really it's only hard for the first couple of nights. I promise. And, beautiful pics from Trin.
Those are the cutest pictures ever!
Those pics are fabulous. Aren't photographer friends the greatest?
And really, aren't there days when we all need a paci? I'm not much help on the paci-problem though. My daughter just quit one day. I remember it all too well... we were on a plane... for 4 hours... with a girl that wouldn't take a paci... we were all in tears.
But we're ok today- so you'll be fine in the future no matter when and how you get rid of the paci! Best of luck to you!
Oh my gsoh - Bryce looks so big! I don't know what to tell you about the pacifier thing, my sister always says she likes them better than thumbs because you can take them away and not thumbs. Can you put something with a nasty taste on them?
I'm a pacifier lover, because I can throw away a pacifier, not a thumb. They are hard to part with though. We do the same as KT, just throw them away. We have a few tough days, but then it's over. BTW, your boys are adorable!
I am going through much the same with Brittney. She only gets it at bedtime and naps, but I don't know how she will ever go to sleep without it. I better get it figured out before her next birthday. I love the pictures of your boys. They are just beautiful.
Grace kept her paci until 15 months plus so I am not much help there! On the positive side, at least you have something to fall back on in church when we go over! ha ha! ;) Thanks again for letting me photograph those two cuties. Your boys have such great personalities -- perfect for the spunk I love to capture!
Such cute pictures! And you know I'm no good for paci advice. It's the only way I convince Carson to still take a nap everyday (but it's the only time he can have it!) I've heard of people cutting the nipple so that they're no fun to suck anymore. And maybe it's just a phase that he's going through, since you just weaned him. Just remember, he won't always have a pacifier (by the time he hits school he'll be too embarrassed!)
Maren
What beautiful pics! Brendan didn't give up his Binky until he was going to Kindergarten! I know I'm a terrible mother. Xander is following down the same path I fear. I believe in whatever works best for the mom:)
Post a Comment