This was taken the summer of 2006 out at my parents place on Lake Coeur d'Alene. Derek had just finished his internship with ConAgra and it had been a long, lonely summer for me and this trip was such a highlight! My parents place is a trailer in a trailer park on Sun-Up Bay. It's not fancy, but it's got an awesome view a private beach only members of the trailer park can use and the boat dock is right there and it's just really fabulous. So this picture is me and Bryce - who was 2 1/2 at the time - taken 8/21/2006. We were having a camp fire down on the beach with my parents. It was a super fun trip - I LOVE spending summers in Spokane, or more accurately on Lake Coeur d'Alene and the St. Joe River! Can you tell how much my freckles are showing in this shot!
Editor's Note (10/19/2014) I can't believe this picture was the one I pulled up. It always makes me a little bit sad when I see this shot - even though it was taken at a fun time. I was just barely pregnant on this trip and when I saw this picture on the camera after it was taken I thought how it was the first picture of me, Bryce and a new baby. Two weeks later I miscarried, and this picture still brings back that sting just a little bit. I didn't want sympathy or for this picture tainted with a sad memory for others, which is why I didn't include my feelings on it originally, but in hindsight I'd like for that spark of life that still existed in this picture to be acknowledged, even if it went out a short time later.
4 comments:
So cute picture. Yes you did the tag right. I'll try to do it soon!!! Very fun. ;)
You look great in that picture...not a bad thing to post! That was a long summer for me too, no Sheri, or playing Settlers, or walking on Town Lake. Hummm, sounds like now.
That is a cute pictures of you. Sounds like a great place to vacation. I would love to see Washington. So beautiful. I think I would especially like to visit the Olympic Peninsula area :).
Very cute picture! I love your trips to Spokane because I benefit as well!
Post a Comment