Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cleaning

Does anyone else feel like all they do is clean? I walked into my boys bathroom and this is what I found:
I mean honestly - my boys are 4 and 1, how messy could they be??? It's driving me crazy. I am really curious how many times a day other moms sweep their kitchen floor. Am I normal that I'm at a twice a day minimum??? My mother-in-law has this great trick of putting a rag or brillo-brush thing under her foot as she sweeps and when she comes to a sticky spot she scrubs it out with her foot. I am going all OCD on my kitchen floor lately - it's driving me crazy (have I already said that?)! And the bathrooms are a disaster. And then Austin, oh Austin, just is on top of the kitchen table all day long, and if he's up there EVERYTHING else is on the floor. The diaper bag is emptied multiple times a day, as is my wallet. It is his goal in life to ensure that anything and everything within his reach is pulled to the floor. I'm about at wits end - please tell me I'm not alone out there!!!!

5 comments:

Niki said...

YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I felt like I was constantly cleaning and never spending time with my kids. This is what I did: I sent Ben to school all day--he is the messiest child ever just because he has so much fun playing...with everything. And it is so much more fun for him if he gets toys that are already put away. The toys that are out are passe. Also I got grossed out every time I went into the bathroom because I have 2 boys that use it, so I started using a different bathroom so I don't have to face theirs. I go into theirs 2 times a week to clean up. It is so much better. But really it wasn't until Ben went to school that I feel like I do something other than clean. And actually now that he is gone I miss it. Good luck!

Jen Giorgis said...

Oh my dear you are not alone. I still have to put many things out of Kimballs reach b/c I get so sick and tired of cleanng it up. Somedays I just wish there was a giant kennel I could put him in. I know that sounds horrible, but I just get so tired of constant destruction. As far as the floors...don't get me started. You know how I am. I seriously rarely even put away the swiffer. Only when company comes over!

jessica said...

I'm totally with you! I get so tired of cleaning! Today I finished an 'official cleaning' of the house (mopped the floors and everything) and then lunch came...all of my cleaning efforts were undone, in a matter of 2 minutes. I too feel like all I do is clean, it really does get old!

Julia Buell said...

I sweep my floor after every meal and I mop almost every other day. I can't stand my floors to be dirty! Lets not even talk about how many times I vacuum my carpets every week. I'm OCD about my floors too.

Rob & Shauna said...

Yeah - the mess just comes with the territory. I used to fuss about it and try to keep it clean to no avail. I guess I just got to a point that I decided that a little clutter is better than being stressed out and mad at my kids! Anyway, good luck fighting the mess! Just found your blog through Amanda's, come visit ours at http://robandshauna.blogspot.com/