Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This is the year for all of Derek's family to get together for Christmas, but since it will be too close to my due date to travel then, we decided to go visit for Thanksgiving.Every Thanksgiving Derek's mom out does herself with the food. And it in the midst of it all, she finds the time to make M&M turkeys. My quirky Austin asked for one with a green head instead of the traditional brown.
We went to downtown Grapevine and Southlake's Christmas displays. Grapevine had everything set up to look like the mid 1800's, Southlake was glammed out of control. They couldn't have been more different.
Bryce and Austin spent an OBSCENE amount of time playing the ipad while we were there. It drove me crazy. Austin is a downloading fool.
We also went to a high school football game with 20,000 other people. It was "cold out" - but we couldn't quite see our breath. Don't my boys look thrilled to be there?
It was a fun, relaxing get away. But it was too quite without all of this other siblings there (Jared and Becca are the only two left at home and I think the boys wore poor Jared out). Christmas is crazy when we're all together, but it's really fun. I'm sad to miss it this year.

1 comment:

Maren and Dustin said...

We should have come up to see you again. But I'm afraid I was slammed with my stake assignment, so that would have been impossible. Glad you had fun, though!