Thursday, December 22, 2011

New and Improved

Derek and I finally decided, after 11 years of marriage, that it was time to buy some bedroom furniture. We have a rediculously enormous bedroom (17x22, plus a 10x8 addition) and we've hardly had anything in it for the last 4 years.
This was our old dresser. It's solid pine, Derek put it together and I stained it. It's a great dresser, but too small for both of us and it was all we had.This is Derek's new dresser:
And this is my new dresser (which is HUGE, I had no idea how big it was on the showroom).
This is my old nightstand from college (and the alarm clock I got for my 9th birthday).
Derek and I each got new nightstands as well. Aren't they so pretty! My room actually looks like adults live there now instead of college students!
And a new alarm clock is being delivered.

4 comments:

Niki said...

I love furniture! Yea for you guys! I totally remember that nightstand. Your new stuff is so sophisticated and grown-up. I am sure it feels good.

Ryanne said...

Love it! That is gorgeous furniture.

Maren and Dustin said...

It looks a lot like the stuff we finally got a few years ago! Yeah for drawer space!!!!!

Sara said...

Beautiful! Isn't it funny how long we hold on to old furniture? I am jealous of your dressers!