In the month of November, Derek started sporting a new look:
Was it one I would have chosen myself? Not necessarily. But I also didn't really mind it (who am I to complain about his appearance when mine is so rotund?) and it was fun to have something different going on. One night out to dinner he made our waitress so uncomfortable she couldn't even look at him.
Almost 50 guys from his office participated in Movember . Not only did Derek grow the 'stache but he ended up co-chairing the event. So on the last day, for "Closing Ceremonies" he had to go all out:
Here's the low down. Movember is about raising money for men's health issues. His group raised over $6300 and donated 50 hours of community service. Derek sent out weekly updates on who had the best 'stache, had raised the most money etc. and made it really fun for everyone involved. He was excited about it and had a great time doing it.
3 comments:
That is so funny! I had heard of Movember but didn't know about the fundraising and awareness part of it; which is awesome. So what did he do to make the waitress so uncomfortable, just his mustache in general?
That mustache is making me uncomfortable… but it sounds like it was good all around!
My hubby did it too - but the mustache was too much for him, he just went for a full beard. He still has it!
hilarious pictures!
Post a Comment