Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Chase

Last week Chase turned One. I had this insane idea and invited 3 other families over.
We had 12 children and 7 adults.
For a one year old.
It was a great night.
All the kids got along.
Nobody left until almost 11pm.
After the festivities the adults got to play a game while the kids, happily, watched movies.
One friend said it was the best one year old's birthday party he'd ever been to.
I'd have to agree.
Bears were the theme. We went on a "Bear Hunt" in the backyard.
It was dark outside.
Bears were hidden everywhere.
The kids had their own flashlights and dart guns.
They were in heaven.
I made pies for the adults.
The left is a frozen German Chocolate pie - the recipe is on the inside of Baker's German Chocolate Squares.
It's a favorite of ours.
On the right I put my former Baskin Robbins skills to work and made a grasshopper ice cream pie.
It was beautiful.
And so good.
We ate it all.
Derek had removed the candle from the cupcake before I took this picture and I made him put it back in for scrapbook and blogging purposes.

Is three pictures of this too much?
Nah, I don't think so.
I told my friends not to bring gifts.
They did not listen to me.
What good friends.
That's one happy boy.
(sniff, yes a big boy, not a baby anymore, sniff sniff)

Happy Birthday Chase!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My baby has that same xylophone and he loves it! Hope he had a great time. The cupcakes and pies look amazing! :)

**KT

ashley g. said...

I swear he was just born. Has it really been one entire year? Impossible.

And when I saw the "bear hunt cupcakes," I immediately thought of Bryce's "grrrr-feet" when he was little. One of my favorite stories. Tell all of those boys to STOP GROWING.

Heather said...

haha! I have never seen a happier baby!!

Sheri said...

Ashley it's so funny you remember the "grrrr-feet" story - it's a classic around here!

And yes, Chase had a fun time and he is such a happy kid. I really am not that terrible of a photographer, his smile is just so big his eyes always close. =)

Jen Giorgis said...

Looks and sounds like it was a fun night. Wish we could have been there.

Happy First Birthday Chase!