I hosted my family for Thanksgiving this year. I had a K.I.S.S. motto this year - keep it simple, Sheri. I wanted the focus to be on the people, not the food. While that was a nice idea, it didn't really turn out that way, but at least I felt less stressed. Here's how the weekend went:
Everyone had leisure time which included a suprisingly successful craft table (yeah me!), watching football and all 6 of the little boys loved the remote control cars,


The womenfolk slaved away in the kitchen (love these two ladies!).
My turkey turned out awesome,

but Kevin tried to show up my dead bird with two of his that he got that morning...
We ate tons of yummy food. Notice the drinks - cranberry slush and 7-up, a family tradition, made easier with my icecream maker.
While Kevin and Derek searched the ads, Chase convinced Uncle Bret to share his pie,
and cried when it was all gone (no joke).
Derek got up at 4:45 for black Friday shopping. He and Kevin almost outdid themselves, and the capabilities of our poor little car. They tied the doors closed on accident and had to enter Dukes of Hazzard style.
We put Jennie's awesome hair cutting talent to work. She's WAY better than great clips. (I've tried cutting my boys hair myself - it's not a pretty picture.)
but Kevin tried to show up my dead bird with two of his that he got that morning...
3 comments:
Hey! I am going to try and convince Shaun to drive up their sometime next year, we miss you guys!
Way to go! It looks like a great Thanksgiving. I can't imagine cooking a big Thanksgiving Dinner with small children around. You are a super mom.
What a wonderful Thanksgiving! Ours was way too quiet.
Post a Comment