
This month was my month to host our book group and the book we read was Devil's Food Cake. While I don't know that I recommend the book (unless you like fluff, that is), the recipes inside make it worth buying. I, of course, had to make devil's food cake for dessert, and it was
beautiful. It was the best chocolate cake I've ever made. It's also the only chocolate cake I've ever made that didn't come out of a box, so perhaps there's a lesson to be learned there. I am great when it comes to cooking, but not when it comes to baking. I don't think I'm precise or patient enough with it. So it's amazing this dessert turned out so well! My book club is great, an unexpected addition to my monthly calendar, and I look forward to it every month.
Some of the great books we've read or are reading: "The Help", "When Crickets Cry", "These is My Words" and "East".
4 comments:
I've been meaning to find a good chocolate cake recipe. Must send this to me!!! (It does look beautiful!)
That looks yum-o-licious! I love the book these is my words :) I'll have to check out the other ones you suggested.
Hey are you on goodreads? I also loved these is my words and your cake looks so yummie (and beautiful).
Beautiful cake--and you have such a fun book group. Our book group disbanded. But I loved reading The Help.
Post a Comment