This is going back a few weeks, but Derek recently had to "work" in Kansas City at the race track. The boys and I happily went with him. We had tickets to the infield for the races, and along with several other ConAgra employees and their children, headed down there. For those of you who may not know - I totally dig racing. I thought I just liked NASCAR (ConAgra also introduced me to this world two years ago) but I can now add Indy car onto the list. It is so fun! I wouldn't want to be one of the thousands of people sitting in the stands, but when we have box seats or infield passes it's a blast. So anyway, all of us head down to the infield with 7 children under the age of 5 and we couldn't take strollers. The workers thought we were crazy taking all those kids down there around the speeding half million dollar cars. Any maybe we were but it was so fun! My highlight was at the very end when the Healthy Choice cars manager introduced us to Helio Castroneves, who won Dancing with the Stars. 
It was very cool and I have to admit I got a little tongue tied - but let me tell you, he's as cute and charming in real life and he was on the show. I think he thought we were crazy having all our kids down there too because he saw Austin, who was asleep and said, "Wow, how old is your baby." What I heard was, "I love you, will you run away with me" but I think that's what he actually said.
2 comments:
Cute pictures, I really like your hair.
I'm glad you've seen the love light of Indy racing. I tell you, I know more about racing than I ever thought I would! Just by living in Indy.
Post a Comment