Thursday, May 29, 2008

Austin's ears


Austin had his 9 month check up today, which was also scheduled for an ear check up from his double ear infection 3 weeks ago. Typically his left ear is the bad one, so hooray hooray when the left one was clear, but unfortunately his right ear is still infected. I'm almost positive even if it hadn't been infected now it would be in a couple days since Bryce is running around coughing and has a fever. Any sniff of an illness and that Austin gets an ear infection. We're running out of antibiotics to try on him and I think we're probably headed towards tubes, grrrrrr. But here's funny note. My children have the waxiest ears ever. Every time, Dr. Kaufman has to get the scraper out to dig wax out of his ears and Austin really truly hates it. Who can blame him - I'm sure it really hurts to have it scraped out when you've got a bad ear. Well today he was really mad about the whole thing and after he was done looking in his ears I picked him up, which did nothing to comfort Austin who was just plain mad, and noticed all these red spots, like 50 of them, all over his head. I said something to the doctor about them and it turns out he'd been crying so hard he burst capillaries. The doctor felt really bad, but was also a little amused I think. I like our doctor, but we see him way too much. These ear infections need to stop!!!

(Bryce took this shot - not bad for a 4 year old.)

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Poor little guy! I'm so glad you're blogging now! It's so fun to keep in touch this way and SEE everyone!

ashley g. said...

Aren't ears completely wicked? We have been lucky with Kalli's ears, but Steve and I both had tubes. I highly recommend them- no swimming (I think), but hey- sleep totally trumps swimming at 9 months anyways. Glad to see you doing well (and cute hair!).

Thayerclan said...

Yeah! Sheri has a blog!! Sorry about Austin's ears, poor kid!
So fun to see updates of your little family. By-the-way I love your short hair - way cute!

Jen Giorgis said...

Well done woman....Although I have to admit I am a bit shocked. I really didn't see you as a peer pressure girl;) In fact the Sheri that I know would actually go kicking and screaming the opposite way just to prove a point! However, I am thrilled that you have now joined this fun little world!!!

Jen Giorgis said...

P.S. I like the name of your blog. I also liked The Neeley Notebook!

Holly said...

Yea! I'm so glad you started a blog! Sorry about all the infections though! Our little Colton is just getting over his. They are NO FUN! Anyways, it's fun to see your cute family.

Trinity said...

You and your poor sick kids all need a slushie! I volunteer Grace, Tatum, and I to take you all to Target when you feel up to it . . . ;)

Maren and Dustin said...

I know it hurts when they put anything in your ear when it's infected! Have you tried Debrox? My doc reccomended it for Carson since he's a waxy kind of kid too.

Jenee Zirker said...

Hooray you are a blogger. Sounds like you had a blast in Kansas City. Who wouldn't get tongue tied aroudn Helio he is rather cute. Poor Austin hopefully this warm weather will clear him up. Look forward to more posts.