Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Projects


These are cute little invitations I made for Evening in Excellence for YW at church.  We did a 50's style diner - it was great!
Halloween Table runner.
I was so excited about the cute top, but I liked the plain spider backing better.  Who knew?  I also made pillow cases for the boys out of the two black printed fabrics.  Chase refused to sleep on it.

Poor Cameron.  Derek didn't want me to order ONE set of these off Etsy, so I made them all, plus another tie onesie.  It didn't save us any money.  I have no idea when he'll wear the bloomers, but gosh, aren't they adorable!  I got the pattern here and here.


Valentines Day signs.  I felt super cool going into Lowe's with my two babies, one of which was SO stinky, and asking them to cut very specific sizes out of a 2x4.  They looked at me like I was nuts.  But they cut it, for free, and did a much nicer job than I did when I tried to do a few more myself later.  It was worth the crazy looks.  Acrylic paint, modge podge and some cricut cut letters.  Easy Peasy.
Found these hearts at Michaels for a buck.  Ribbon is hot glued on the back and it worked great.

This is Derek's birthday cake.  A Triple Chocolate Mousse Tort from Cooks Illustrated.  The best dessert I've ever made.  Also, the most time consuming dessert I've ever made.  It was worth it.

1 comment:

jessica said...

Check you out!? I'm impressed :)