Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Austin's Angry Bird Birthday

For Austin's 4th Birthday he wanted an Angry Birds party, and the very day we decided on it I saw on my friend Maren's blog all about her sons Angry Bird party that she put a TON of work into. When she found out we were doing one she, in all her awesomeness, mailed me all her leftover stuff so only had to do half the work!
When the kids got there we had a little coloring sheet (that Maren had made), which was a surprising hit with the kids.
Then we used the bags Maren sent and did a "Golden Egg" hunt, which was another huge hit because, seriously, who doesn't love an egg hunt?
Then we had a game with these cute little pom-pom birds and pigs (I made these, and it may or may not have been a productive us of 2 hours). We set up dixie cups and put the pigs with them and then let the kids throw the birds to knock them down. Another success! Then the kids got to take one of each home as a party favor.
Austin, of course, got his favorite Angry Bird for a present. He promptly tucked it under his arm and has taken it everywhere with him since. Bryce said, "If you think I'm jealous, you bet I am!" and now the count down is on until his birthday when he wants his own Angry Bird.
And these little cup cakes were so cute and so yummy!

After the party the boys had back to back soccer games, then we drove out to my brother's house for a family party. The guys took the kids fishing, which Bryce has been begging to do and Austin was more enthralled with his new lure kit and Spiderman pole than actually catching anything.
Jennie and Austin's birthdays are a week apart, so we celebrated them both. It was a fun, exhausting day.
Happy Birthday Austin!

5 comments:

Maren and Dustin said...

Hooray! Happy Birthday Austin! Glad I could help with such an awesome party! :)

Rachel said...

I seriously love this. Austin looks so much like Bryce in these pictures.

jessica said...

That looks awesome! I'm totally copying you...one day :)

Lora said...

Sheri, that is the cutest party! I love the little pom pom birds. Way to go Super Mom!

LeeAnn and David said...

Oh my, what a cute idea for a party! And Austin is looking so grown up.
Just heard about baby boy #4. When you do something well, there is no reason to change! Congratulations! Love you all