There are three things I have said about my babies.
1. They will be large (9lb14oz, 8lbs13oz, 9lbs5oz).
2. They will be male.
3. They will be prompt (Austin and Chase were born on their due dates and Bryce was 5 hours early).
So far this baby is following #1 and #2, lets see if he'll stick with #3.
And, in case you are wondering. No, we were not trying for a girl. And I am not disappointed it is a boy. I am relieved. When we found out Chase was a boy, I mourned the daughter I will never have. It was a hard thing to accept when, for 31 years, I had never thought I wouldn't have a daughter. I had to give up on things I'd always expected to have. And one day I realized that I didn't even want to buy barbies and sign up for dance classes (I really just love the clothes!). I am just fine with my rough and tumble boys. My boys love their Mama! And with this baby and Chase being only 22 months apart, which is closer than I ever wanted to have my babies, plus everything else we have going on, I needed it to be another boy.
So, baby boy #4 is due January 16th and everything looked good on the ultrasound, so we are thrilled!
8 comments:
Oh come on… one more after this and you'll have your own basketball team! :) Thinking it might be fun to come to Omaha for my birthday next year...
You are a pretty fantastic mom to boys. They seem to just "fit" with you. And, boy are they cute! Congrats to the Neeley family.
Congrats Sheri! We're due one day apart. Yay for boy #4 :)
4 Busy Boys. If you had a girl, she probably would have been a tom boy anyway with all those brothers...and this way you don't have to worry about doing hair everyday (: And tell Maren that Omaha won't work for her Birthday because you'll be too busy with a new baby, so she should come up here next year and then you can have her the year after. Congrats!
I didn't even know you were pregnant when you were here! Congratulations! You are a terrific mom and I love your outlook on so many things, ranging from children to friends :)
Niki- My implied trip would be to help the new mama out! (I LOVE babies!) I'm still trying to get a plan together to come see you too!
Congratulations Sheri! I love this post on so many levels. No wonder you were freaking when Derek got called into bishopric. Having 3 kids on the bench alone is huge, but throw a nursing baby in and it comes apart at the seams. :) I'm very, very happy for you all!!! :)
Congratulations!! Just in case you were wondering, we are NOT following suit this time. :)Hope you are feeling well!
Post a Comment