Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pumpkins

In front of my house is a large lilac bush that has been taken over recently by a pumpkin vine I have growing in a nearby pot.
I was worried we wouldn't have any pumpkins this year. I even googled how to pollinate pumpkins yourself (it's surprising how many people do this. Did you know pumpkins have male and female flowers?). But just when I was ready to take matters into my own hands, two pumpkins started growing... right in the lilac bush.
They are about the size of volleyballs right now and the boys are very anxious to pick them. I might be a teensy bit excited about them too.
Lilac bushes, not just for flowers anymore. Who knew!?!

2 comments:

Ryanne said...

I am so ready for Fall! Your lilac pumpkin bush is awesome!

Briann said...

how fun! I love pumpkins, this is a great idea!