But here's the story - when Derek was in elementary school field day was his favorite day of the year, perhaps "glory days" for him. He's regaled us all with stories of his victories over the other kids in his class, over and over again. So Bryce was pretty pumped up for field day...and then it was pouring rain and postponed a week.
The second day of field day he was heading out the door when he turned around and said, "Mom, are you coming to field day today?" I was a little surprised he wanted me to go honestly. So I scrapped my plans for the afternoon, woke my baby up from a nap and went to watch Bryce. After all, isn't this why I am a stay at home mom?
One thing about field day I just didn't know how to take was that some kids ran around with their friends but Bryce was perfectly content to be by himself. He has friends, he just didn't feel the need to travel in a pack. I just don't understand this! I always had my little group of friends with me, so to see him so independent boggles my mind. I think it's great, I guess, it's just so different.
No comments:
Post a Comment