Thursday, November 12, 2009

New Deck

This is our old deck.
We had a new deck built this fall. Here's Austin on the new deck. Isn't it pretty.
This deck is unlike any other project we've actually started, because this one is finished. 100% complete! There's nothing left for us to go back and touch up later - which is amazing. We're really good at started projects, then getting them to where they are passable and saving the rest for "later", but I can't ever find that on my calendar. But this deck was finished on a Thursday, we stained it ourselves that weekend and it looks great!
This is the hole that was left once the old deck was taken out.
This is why we replaced the deck - we went to fix some bad boards ourselves and discovered nothing was worth saving - it was all ROTTED. The former owners had tried to beef up some of the supports, but it wasn't enough.

8 comments:

Maren and Dustin said...

Wow! It looks amazing! I know it was a big pain, but I'm sure you will use it and love it (and know that you will not go crashing through the floor!)

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome Sheri! Way to go!

**KT

Karebear said...

Amazing!

Nan said...

You and your family are cure going to love the deck. It looks like a place for a lot of memories to be created.

Dallin and Megan Dyer said...

It looks great! Do you know how many things I just need to touch up around here. I think we will move before I ever finish them.

Jenee Zirker said...

Looks so good but I don't think your supposed to be doing that kind of labor. I can't believe how grown up the boys look. Miss you guys.

Briann said...

That looks awesome! I need to come visit sometime!

Jeremy and Neeley said...

The new deck looks great Sheri! I know all too well about finishing projects "later." I bet it feels good to have a completed project. I wouldn't know that feeling...