3 years ago
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Update
Thank you to all of you who put such thoughtful comments after my last post. My mom is doing much better. She is still in the hospital and probably will be for another week or so, but she's recovering. She was unconscious and on a ventilator for 5 really awful days, and it's been great to be able to talk to her this week. She's a little loopy still. One day she told my sister that she'd been in this "damn airport for 2 days, but Dad's going to break us out when the nurses aren't watching"! For the last two days she's been telling me my sister was getting married on the 16th or 17th of this month (and it would be nice if I could be there). Debbie does have a boyfriend, but this didn't make sense. I finally got a hold of my sister and found out she is not getting married in two weeks, she is not engaged and she has no idea why my mom thinks there's a wedding to plan. Hilarious. So - after scaring us all last week, this week my mom has become our comic relief. But I do hope she gets a better grip on reality soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a relief! I'm so glad to hear that she's getting better (although it sounds like she's got a long road ahead.) When Dustin's dad was going into the hospital with meningitis, Dustin asked him if he even knew who he was. His dad said, "You're the green monster." I guess it's good to find the humorous things in the most difficult times of our lives!
So sorry to hear about your mom. i hope she is better soon. That has to be really hard.
wow Sheri, i had no idea! I hope all is well, let me know if i can do anything!
So glad to hear she's doing better and even providing a little humor along the road to recovery!
Post a Comment