We went to Texas several weeks ago. Every spring in Texas the fallow fields, and especially the sides of the freeways, are covered with blue bonnets, indian paintbrush and other pretty wildflowers. We were there when they were just starting to bloom so the fields weren't full of flowers yet. Every spring since Bryce was born we have tried to get decent blue bonnet pictures. We have never succeeded. We LIVED there for 2 years and still couldn't get even one good picture. These trips always end with Bryce crying and Derek and I yelling out threats or bribes. What a wonderful family tradition we've created and continue on year after to year.
Here are the highlights:
(This is the best of them - frame worthy, don't you think?)
(We did tell him to open his eyes)
(Austin's already learned how to play this game)
While we were there we also went to the Museum of Nature and Science where we learned about bugs and flowers.
And the boys got to see a working Thomas the Tank Engine with their Aunt Becca (Derek's youngest sis, who's 10). Austin hasn't been the same since - he carries around at least one train at all times and talks about "choo-choos" all day long.
3 comments:
Wow, I'm impressed with your bluebonnet pics. I've never even attempted! Maybe some year...
That's funny about Austin and the trains. Carson likes them, but he's never been as obsessed as your boys. I guess he was more into Cars.
I was just reading about families who take pictures of their children in the Bluebonnets. Bryce and Austin are so cute--love the squinty picture!!
Man- I missed those flowers this year. What great pics! And can Bryce open his eyes a little wider? ;) Adorable!
Post a Comment