My friends took me to lunch at Cheesecake Factory and I loved it. My sister-in-law bought me something I wanted so bad but couldn't bring myself to buy. My husband wisely asked what I wanted and got it for me. It was a good birthday - especially coming on the heels of Mexico.My friend Jessica also just turned 30 and commented about how she's OK turning thirty because while he 20's were fun, they were also hard. I've thought about this a lot. So here's my run down on my 20's:
- Go to BYU
- Meet Derek
- Get engaged
- Promptly leave for Israel for a semester
- Get married three weeks after getting home
- Graduate from BYU
- Move to Texas
- Work for a crooked chiropractor whom I later turn in for Medicare Fraud
- Move to Kansas City
- Work full time until 36 hours before I
- Have Bryce, all 10 pounds of him
- 3 months after having Bryce, I realize I'm going crazy being at home
- Go crazy for 4 more years, but in the mean time:
- Derek quits his job and we give up everything we have, and know, and go back to school
- Move to Austin - Hook 'em Horns!
- Move to Omaha and have the most miserable, lonely, summer ever
- Move back to Austin, thank goodness
- Get pregnant, twice
- Buy our first home - it's 3000 square feet. Why do I need 4 bathrooms?
- Graduate
- Move back to Omaha
- Have Austin at the end of the most miserable, hot, summer ever
- Get a job and LOVE it!
- Slowly stop going crazy
So there's my twenties in a nut shell. For my thirties I hope for fewer moves, smaller babies, cleaner bathrooms, less time being a crazed stay at home mom and lots more fun! Ironically, I'd love to end my 30's where I started my 20's - back in school. Hopefully I've figured life out a little more. And if 30 means matching furniture it sounds good to me!
10 comments:
Dustin's big 30th is tomorrow and he told me he's gonna buy a red sports car! (Or maybe a minivan, he hasn't decided...) I think there's nothing wrong with aging, it is what we're supposed to do, after all. Good luck with the clean bathrooms...seeing as how Austin will be getting potty trained in the next 10 years, that's not likely to happen! Happy Birthday my Sheri Banana!
Yeah, those twenties are sure eventful. Hopefully we will get thirties more figured out. Cheesecake factory was so fun. I am so glad we went.
Happy Birthday from one March baby to another. Of course, there were a lot of years between those March birthdays. Glad you had a good time--on your birthday and on your trip. Love ya lots!
Glad you had a great birthday! (I also feel very special to have been mentioned on your blog:) Good luck with the cleaner bathrooms, mine just keep getting dirtier!
I bet that your 30's will be even more exciting. Happy Birthday and I'm so glad to have known you in your 20's AND in your 30's. Hope you had a fabulous day!
Happy big 30!!!! Not that bad really - it happens to the best of us - and the most important thing is......you still look hot! What a wonderful life you have!!!
I like your 20s run-down. I will have to keep that little trick in mind when the big 3-0 hits me. ;) So sorry I couldn't make it to the lunch . . . you certainly deserve many such occasions in the next year. Perhaps I can help you partake of more cheesecake in the upcoming months . . . ;)
Happy Birthday! It looks like the 20s treated you well; I hope the 30s continue the trend. . .
What a great synopsis of your 20s. Can't wait to see what happens in your 30s! And the cleaner bathrooms wish is one we all dream of!
Happy 30th! The 30's are definitely better, I think. I'm with you on the settling down thing--moving around a bunch is so overrated! I'm so jealous of your warm vacation--I can't wait to go on a real vacation without children!!
Post a Comment