Austin has been such a terrible sleeper until about 3 weeks ago when I tried this sleep training method my friend Taffy told me about and ever since then he's been sleeping through the night. It's the first time in OVER A YEAR I've had uninterrupted sleep. I'm a new woman. Thank you Taffy!!!
The second thing is this:
In case you can't tell what he's eating, it's a piece of pizza. For those of you who don't know, Bryce has a difficult relationship with food. It's beyond picky. It's been about 2 years since he ate pizza. He used to eat it all the time, but then one day decided he didn't like it anymore. Pizza's a hard food not to eat - it's every where, birthday parties, family get togethers, airports etc., so to have him elimate it from his diet was a real blow. Derek picked up a pizza for dinner last week and when I told Bryce that was for dinner he said, "Oh good, I love pizza." I thought, "Ya, right" but decided to capitalize on his sudden enthusiasm and told him if he ate an entire piece I'd give him a $$dollar$$ (nope, I'm not above bribery). So, we sat down for dinner and Bryce ate the entire piece, without leaving his chair. Derek and I were speechless. We scooped our jaws off the table and said, "That's great. Keep going. Good job." We didn't want to do anything to end this magical moment! And tonight Bryce asked, yes asked, if he could try a green bean. He's tried bites of the tomatoes and peppers from my "garden" (I use that term loosely). He's actually putting new food into his mouth lately. Could there really be a light at the end of the tunnel? Now - the kid's not about to sit down and eat a lasagna dinner, but we're definitely seeing improvement here. My kids are both sleeping and eating - does life get much better than this???
17 comments:
Wow! Way to go Sheri! What is the sleep training method you tried? Tyler is giving me fits by only sleeping 45 minutes at a time.
That is so awesome that Bryce actually asked to eat a green bean. Impressive! Maybe this is a sign of things to come. I hope so for your sake!! :)
I am actually speechless...and that doesn't happen very often! ;)
YEA!!!!!!I know your excitement---Trevor ate noodles with a white sauce last week and I was bragging to everyone I talked to! It's a huge accomplishment for both of you. Congrats on your new life!
Are you doing baby wise? It's the best! Congrats on the new accomplishments!
Hooray for you Sheri!
And I would like to find a parent that doesn't bribe! It'd be hard I'm sure. I actually heard recently that it's not bribery....its "positive reinforcement"! So, nice job! :)
**KT
I think those are the greatest challenges of having young children--getting them to sleep & eat how and when you want them to! It requires SO much patience. Good job!!
Congratulations on the sleeping and eating. Eric is turning into a very picky eater. We won't touch anything that is green. What is this sleep training you used on Austin? Kaitlin is a good sleeper now but she wasn't always.
Yeah for you. There is nothing like a good nights rest and your kids eating. Way to go Bryce and Austin.
Seriously...it doesn't get much better than that! Sleeping through the night is the best thing ever! I always secretly hate moms who say their babies sleep through the night from the moment their baby leaves the womb. (my kids don't sleep that long until they're one)
Those nights when they sleep through the night are PURE magic! Lucky lucky you!!! And...PIZZA? That's craziness!!! We actually have a neighbor (he's 10) that doesn't like pizza, chocolate, candy or ice cream (except vanilla). What is wrong with that kid? Those are my staples:) I bet you're on cloud 9 with all the exciting events!!!WOO HOO!
Yeah Bryce! I remember when he stopped eating hot dogs- man that stinks! And horray for sleep- you'll have to call me and clue me in on your sleep method.
you and your family are so cute! Your kids are getting big, wow! I hope all is well with you, derek and the little ones! :)
Wow! I am impressed. I can not imagine the euphoria you must be feeling right now.
That's awesome! Shaun didn't even try pizza till like 8th grade! How did you get Austin to sleep? Leah only sleeps OK in her carseat!
Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!
You give me hope with my Scott. Actual tears came to my eyes as I was reading Bryce eating food! The scriptures say that man shall not live by bread alone, well Scott proves that wrong. Bread is about the only thing he will eat and sometimes not even then!
Post a Comment