Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Monster Brownies

I am not a food photographer, nor have I ever cared to be one, but it's difficult to make these beauties look bad.  These are, quite simply, the best brownies you will ever have.  My girl Kim was nice enough to give me her recipe, which is a dang good thing since she up and moved to Tulsa and now I have to make them for myself.  I warn you, these are not for the faint of heart.
Here's the recipe:

Double Chocolate Chunk Fudge Brownies

1 1/2 c unsalted butter, cut into chunks
1 1/3 c cocoa powder
3 1/3 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
8 oz. (or 1 1/2 c) coarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 c nuts (optional)

Grease 9x13 inch pan and preheat over to 350.

Melt butter in a pan on the stop.  Take off heat and whisk in cocoa until smooth.  Add sugar and salt until blended.  Mix in eggs and vanilla.  Add flour in with a spatula and mix well.  Add chocolate chunks.  Spread into the pan - it will be very thick, so make sure to push it all the way to the edges.  Sprinkle nuts over the top (we're not big nut people around here, so I just added some milk chocolate chips instead, yummmmmm)  Bake until the center comes out clumpy on a toothpick for a maximum of 33 minutes.  Do not over bake (because really, aren't gooey brownies the best??).

These are awesome hot out of the oven.  They are also awesome cool.  But they are best eaten with a cold Diet Coke after a weekday lunch with your girlfriend (preferably named Kim, if you can manage) while your children play in the basement.  Follow up with a trip, possibly two, to the gym.  Repeat as often as possible - the brownies, and the gym.  Yum!

1 comment:

Maren and Dustin said...

I should have made some of these while you were here. :) Do you think eating an entire pan of these by oneself would make someone really sick…or possibly just go into labor?