Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium was recently rated Best Zoo in the Nation by Trip Advisor. It is well earned. We have a freaking fantastic zoo. Take that San Diego!
The first thing that greets you is the Lion Statue. Every little kids climbs on it. They even put that spongy rubber turf underneath it for the kids.
The huge giant globe that in warm months rotates on a layer of water is also a favorite.The Lied Jungle. This isn't my favorite exhibit. It's seriously stinky.
The aquarium was redone this year. It's just incredible.
My boys don't think these fish are real, but they totally are - they're Silver Pompanos, I just can't convince them of that.
Measuring up how tall they are compared to the penguins.
The walk through tunnel. Awesome!
We love the zoo. Our membership gets us free IMAX tickets as well and I've even been crazy enough to take all four into the theatre by myself for a movie. After all, when it's free, what do I have to loose.
There are so many other cool events at the zoo. The "Dark Place" or Kingdom of the Night is a favorite, so are the Gorillas, the playground, the train, Skyfari, Butterfly House, feeding the Budgies, the petting zoo... I could go on and on. Come visit and we'll give you a guided tour. =)
1 comment:
I remember after your first summer there how much you enjoyed that zoo. Someday we will come and see it for ourselves!!!
Post a Comment