Sunday, February 10, 2013

Halloween

Every year our friends the Pattersons and Keisers have a Halloween party.  But the only way you're invited back the next year is if you really dress up.  We look forward to it every year.
 
This year we rented costumes from a local costume shop.  It was so fun to wear a real flapper dress.  I loved it!
With our friends the Thompsons and Giorgis. 
Jen made their costumes. They were amazing and won The Best Costume award hands down. 

This is our fam at the ward trunk or treat.  We have a huge costume box, so the big boys just ran up and grabbed something to wear - not their real Halloween costumes.  Bryce was concerned about Austin's light saber being considered a "weapon".  Oh, the days we live in.

I realized Halloween day that we hadn't carved pumpkins yet.  So I spend my baby's precious nap time carving these puppies out.  I think they turned out awesome.
 
My little Batmen. 

While everyone was running around getting ready for trick or treating Cameron tried to crawl up the stairs and, of course, fell down onto the tile floor.  He had the biggest goose egg I have ever seen.  It was TERRIBLE.  Notice how he looks a little bleary eyed in this pic.  Well, that night at 2a.m. he started throwing up and I thought for sure he had a concussion.  But do you know what treatment for a concussion is - nothing.  They just watch you to make sure you don't die.  So all the next day I was sick with worry, until Chase started puking late that night.  I have never been so happy to have someone else throw up.  And over the next week everyone else got it, too.
 
Chas-e Pooh Bear
"Vahm-pire"
We went trick or treating with our neighbors the Hawes and wore these kids out.  Chase only lasted a block.  Austin cried 3 times because he couldn't keep up with the big kids, and Bryce was out in the neighborhood for hours.  As of 1/24/13 they still have candy left.

2 comments:

Maren and Dustin said...

Are you trying to see who's paying attention on your blog? Halloween in February? What? Love the costumes. I'm also impressed that you had Halloween candy that long. At some point I just dump their bags on the counter and say, "Eat till your sick and then we're throwing the rest away."

Niki said...

Halloween in February means one busy mom and a crazy schedule. I love it!