Saturday, August 25, 2012

Super Hero Birthday

For Austin's 5th birthday I'd been planning a Super Hero Training Camp water party for months.  It should have been amazing.  It should have been fun.  It should have been a party to remember.
 
Instead, it poured down rain and we had to cancel all outside activities and it was mediocre. I am so disappointed. Now, Austin and all the other kids seemed to have a great time, so I should be happy, but I'm still bummed.  I wish we could have gone outside - it would have been awesome.
 
Instead, Derek and I scrambled to come up with some new activities and here's what we did.
 
To be a super hero,  one must be dressed like a super hero, so all the kids got Superman shirts, capes and masks, plus a spiderman goodie bag.
Cupcakes, Oreo truffles and juice boxes for a snack.  Nothing says Super Hero like a sugar high! 
 I thought my mantel decorations looked so good!  I might have to leave them up for awhile.
 All the cute Super Hero Cadets.
 Training to be a Super Hero.
 Aw, isn't he cute.
 We played pin the web on Spiderman.
 Went bobbing for super hero ducks (I know, there's a germ issue here, but the kids really loved it).
 Austin got some Jake and the Neverland Pirates presents - he looks so cute as a super hero pirate!
 Look who's sitting up!  It's Super Baby!
 Blowin' out the candle.
 The Super Hero Trainers.
 Cute!
 And this is as good of a family picture as we can muster after all that (mediocre) fun.
 
And, without getting mushy, I have to say that when Austin was born and they gave him to me, I said to him, "I'm so glad you're here" and I feel that way still.  He is a joy.  He is happy and sweet and thoughtful and fun and I can't imagine life or our family without him.

4 comments:

Maren and Dustin said...

You should totally use that picture for your Christmas card this year. I love nothing more than a real family looking real!

jessica said...

Your family picture makes me smile!

KT said...

Your kids are seriously so dang adorable!

Briann said...

Such a great job!