I don't really think Omaha does winter very well. Some communities embrace the cold, and actually have things to do in it, but this isn't one of them. But I've never lived anywhere else where the people enjoy spring as much as we do here. The mild weather is truly appreciated. It's like we're all alive again after hibernating in our homes all winter.
Look closely at this picture:
When Derek was off work he built me some garden boxes so I can try my hand at square foot gardening. We got them all set up this weekend and I'm excited to get some seeds in the ground. It's an amazing thing - you plant things in the ground here and they grow!
2 comments:
We're enjoying our spring, too! The wildflowers are crazy, and the blue bonnets are always so pretty this time of year. You'll have to let me know how your square foot gardening goes. I just went to a RS class on that and I think if I EVER get around to trying a garden, that is something I think I could handle!
Your trees are beautiful. Happy gardening! I'm excited to have our done--just so the kids aren't taking showers every time they come inside because they have been playing in the dirt. 2 showers a day x 3 kids = a lot of towels to wash. Yuck. Happy Gardening!
Post a Comment