1. Austin broke my digital camera.
2. We changed our Christmas plans last minute to leave a day early. By doing so we avoided the HUGE snow storm that hit the entire mid-section of the country Christmas Eve.
3. Our drive to Texas took 10 1/2 hours with 1 1/2 hours of stops, plus an fun overnight stay with friends in Kansas City.
4. I was not dreaming of a white Christmas, but got one anyway.
5. There are 20 of us staying at Derek's parent's house - 2 (twin) babies, 2 toddlers, 4 kids, 6 adult "kids", 4 in-laws and 2 grandparents, and it really is fun.
6. The twin babies are 5 month old girls who are so sweet (and pink) it makes me want to cry...
7. Our great neighbors snow-blowed our driveway while we've been gone, 4 foot drifts and all. We've had 2 feet of snow in December and two weeks of below freezing temps.
8. That kind of weather makes me want to move.
9. Bryce's favorite gift was his purple light saber and stuffed Ham (the Pig from Toy Story). Austin's favorite was his Curious George doll - that he got last year. Can I take back the new bike and Geotrax?
3 years ago
3 comments:
Ben asked me the other day if you guys were coming for the holidays. I'm glad you weren't in the snow storm. Anna got her wish with having snow! Ours is almost all melted now. Can we have those 70 degree temperature back?
Oh how I wish we could have come up to see you! (But to be honest, I wish I could have the energy to go anywhere. And I'm pretty sure you would not have liked to share our Christmas germies!) Glad you had fun!
I'd say come move into the house down the street but I know that you don't love me that much (or hate Utah too much) :-). Have a Happy New Year and drive back safely.
Post a Comment